- FOR SINGLE WALL STOVE PIPE - Calibrated to read temperature on single wall chimney flue pipe.
- MAGNETIC ATTACHMENT - Easily attach to your metal chimney pipe. Magnet will hold to 800°F.
- EASY TO READ ZONES - Optimize efficiency, prevent overheating, minimize creosote.
- PORCELAIN ENAMEL FINISH - Premium quality finish to compliment your beautiful stove.
- FLIP UP HANDLE - Quickly remove or reposition meter with built-in handle.
- For use on single-wall flue pipe only.
- Place thermometer 12 inches above top of the stove.
- Attach to the stove pipe using the magnet on the back side of the thermometer.
- For additional security, drill a small hole in the flue pipe to place a safety screw through the eyelet in the center of thermometer. (screw not included)
- Alternatively, this thermometer may be secured around the pipe using a wire through the two holes on the side of the thermometer. (wire not included)
- The best operating temperature for most wood stoves is between 230°F and 475°F and is illustrated as the middle zone on your thermometer labelled “BEST ZONE”.
- Temperatures below 230°F can create a dirty, smoky fire that leads to creosote buildup in your chimney. Creosote can be a safety hazard. This temperature range is illustrated on your thermometer and labelled “CREOSOTE”.
- A temperature above 475°F consumes more wood without additional room heat as more energy is lost up the stove pipe. This area is illustrated on your thermometer as “TOO HOT”.