- FOR STOVE TOP SURFACE - Calibrated to read temperature on the surface of your wood stove.
- MAGNETIC ATTACHMENT - Easily attach to your metal wood stove. Magnet will hold to 800°F.
- EASY TO READ ZONES - Optimize efficiency, prevent overheating, minimize creosote.
- PORCELAIN ENAMEL FINISH - Premium quality finish to compliment your beautiful stove.
- FLIP UP HANDLE - Quickly reposition meter to find the sweet spot for temp readings.
- This thermometer is calibrated to be used on the outside surface of a metal wood stove.
- Attach to the stove using the magnet on the back side of the thermometer.
- Place thermometer on the top, front, or side surface of the stove.
- Generally you will want to place the thermometer in the location recommended by the stove manufacturer, or the location the stove reaches the hottest temperature.
- Magnet will hold to steel up to 800°F.
- The best operating temperature for most wood stoves is between 400°F and 650°F and is illustrated as the middle zone on your thermometer labelled “BEST ZONE”
- Temperatures below 400°F can create a dirty, smoky fire that leads to creosote buildup in your chimney. Creosote can be a safety hazard. This temperature range is illustrated on your thermometer and labelled “CREOSOTE”
- A temperature above 650°F consumes more wood without additional room heat as more energy is lost up the stove pipe. This area is illustrated on your thermometer as “TOO HOT”