For use only with vented gas logs and fireplaces.
What are Platinum Embers?
Platinum Embers are a mineral wool material that is treated with a platinum/palladium coating.
How do Platinum Embers work?
Platinum Embers work by combusting fugitive hydrocarbons from the burner catalytically which cause the embers to brightly glow and fluoresce.
How to install Platinum Embers:
* Good combustion requires fuel and air. Proper installation of the Platinum Embers is key to the best aesthetic improvement to the fireplace. If starved for combustion air, the embers will fail to glow.
* If you look closely, the Platinum Ember material consists of many small squares.
1. Using a pair of long needle nose pliers or hemostats, take a single square of the ember material.
2. Gently pull it apart to expose more air to the internal parts of the ember.
3. Place at the base of the fire atop the existing mineral wool fibers, vermiculite, or sand.
* Once the ember reacts with the fuel and air, it will begin to glow providing a visual indication of how the product is intended to work.
* Place the remaining embers according to your preference taking care not to clump the material together.
Installation Instructions (.pdf)